Shoebox appeal for the elderly
We’ve decided to support the local shoebox appeal for the elderly. Many elderly people are lonely at Christmas time and would welcome a Christmas shoebox gift. Please send the shoeboxes in on Friday 15th December. You could wrap your shoebox in Christmas paper to make a lovely gift for someone.
Here are some ideas of what to put in the box;
- small boxes of chocolates
- gloves, hats or scarves
- crossword books
- hot drinks, such as hot chocolate or Horlicks
- hand creams
- shower gels/ bubble bath/deodrant
- canned items/long lasting foods
- toothbrush/toothpaste (new)
- soap and flannel (new)
- candles and holders
- foldable brush/comb and mirror
- wind up torch
- sensory items (lavendar bag)
Do not include any medicines/medical products or alcohol.
Please donate what you can.